Just a little reminder as to why life as a single girl isn't all bad.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Reason #1: the Television

I will be the first to admit it: I am in love with my TiVo. It's fantastic! It allows me to record any program I want--the whole season!--with a mere click or two of a button. It saves all my programs for me to watch whenever it's convenient for me. It even offers suggestions to me about programs I might like to watch in the future. And, more importantly, it's full of all of MY programs!

Here is reason #1 that it's good to be single, and it's a reason that's near and dear to my heart: I have total control of the television. I love me some good tv shows, and I have entirely too many saved on my Season Pass Manager on the TiVo. But the good news is that I am the one who decides what will be recorded. I am the one who decides what will be deleted. I am the one who makes decisions about which program's recording should be cancelled because a program of higher priority is coming on at the same time.

My TiVo is not cluttered with shows that I don't like to watch, but have to keep on there because "the hubby" wants to see them. I don't have to fight with someone else about deleting his hours and hours of saved re-reuns of The A Team that are taking up too much space for me to record Gossip Girl. (Full disclosure: I loved The A Team as a kid.) True story: I know a woman who fought with her husband about freeing up space on the DVR because she wanted to delete all the episodes of a tv show--that he had on DVD, mind you!--to make room for a new show she wanted to record.

So when you find yourself feeling a little blue about being single, look no further than your own TV to remind you of Reason #1 why it's good to be single.

No comments:

Post a Comment